I get cold every time I eat frozen desserts. I mean shivering under a blanket and my rings don’t fit anymore cold. And I hate to be cold. So why do I insist on putting myself through that? Why am I, even now as I type, sitting in front of a bowl of delicious green nice cream with a cup of coffee beside me so I can try and maintain some level of body temperature?? Because every shiver and every trip out into the 90-degree heat to thaw out, is completely and totally worth the amazingness that is the healthy, banana-based, guilt-free dessert they call nice cream.
Here is a new addition to my growing list of recipes and variations on this wonderful treat: I call it Banana Split Nice Cream. Here’s how I made it:
banana split nice cream
(serves 1 if you’re me, 2 if you’re most other people)
- 3 bananas, frozen, cut/broken into chunks
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 T. cacao nibs (or you could use chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut, optional
- 1 T. chia seeds, optional but super healthy
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped (or your favorite sweetener, like stevia/agave/maple syrup, etc)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2-3 T. almond milk or water
Place everything into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend away!!
Spoon it into a bowl, grab a blanket and/or a hot drink, and enjoy! 🙂